What is the role?
We are looking for a highly organised, methodical and efficient Retail Operations Manager to join our team in Hartlebury. The successful candidate must be innovative and commercially focused with good analytical skills. The Retail Operations Manager will manage the day to day operations of the retail stores and to lead the retail team to ensure the highest standards of performance across all retail operations activity.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Overseeing the infrastructure of Blue Cross retail, warehousing and fulfillment operations
• Ensuring effective and efficient systems are in place to routinely monitor and evaluate performance across Blue Cross operations
• Managing the operations budgets and control of costs for retail
• Analysing current individual shop performance and ensure appropriate actions are implemented to rectify areas of concerns and to look at opportunities for improvement
• Leading and managing the Area Management team to inspire each individual to provide an excellent customer experience and achieve objectives and profit budgets
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Previous retail management experience
• Proven experience of team management, including management of performance and the development of teams
• Demonstrable experience of achieving financial and non-financial goals
• Experience of working with budgets and financial data and being able to take actions from the understanding of this data
• Demonstrable experience on reviewing data to highlight areas of opportunity or concerns and taking appropriate action
• Demonstrable experience of delivering projects from start to finish
It would also be great if you had:
• A strong track record in successfully managing a profitable retail business, ideally gained in both a commercial environment and in the charity sector
• Demonstrable experience of maintaining effective relationships and managing third party suppliers
• Demonstrable experience of working with a varied team, ideally with paid colleagues and volunteers
• Demonstrable experience around workings of logistics and warehousing
• Demonstrable experience of visual merchandising
• Experience in the opening of new retail outlets
• Demonstrable experience of presenting to large groups of people
What’s in it for me?
Working for Blue Cross is very rewarding; we have been dedicated to helping pets since 1897! We value our brilliant employees and offer competitive benefits including:
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Pension scheme
• Company Sick Pay
Permanent, full time
To apply for this role then please visit our website.