JOB PURPOSE: To run the Charity Shop at Hobs Moat on specific days per week, as well as overseeing the running of the shop in Castle Bromwich in order to maximise income from the sale of donated goods at both locations.
• Maximise income from shops and achieve agreed performance targets
• Review pricing policy on a regular basis and be aware of changes in retailing practices which may impact on the Charity Shops
• Monitor sales trends, stock position and local competition
• Promote Gift Aid to eligible donors and ensure they are correctly signed up
• Consider potential to expand eBay and online sales platforms
• Oversee the work of the Shop Supervisors (currently two at Castle Bromwich and one at Hobs Moat) providing training, support and co-ordination as appropriate
• Ensure that the shops are adequately staffed at all times, which may include providing cover for holiday and sickness
• Respond promptly to problems regarding staffing, merchandise and property
• Ensure that stock is rotated on a regular basis and disposed of appropriately
• Be competent in working our electronic till system
• Ensure shop premises are clean and tidy at all times and that goods are displayed in an attractive and presentable manner
• Ensure security of stock and cash on each of the premises
• Ensure that all statutory responsibilities are met, including Fire and Health and Safety Regulations
• Promote the work of the Charity by supporting planned fundraising events in conjunction with the Fundraising staff.
• Maintain good relations with the public, trade councils, landlords and neighbouring retailers.
• Ensure that all administrative and financial procedures are followed including ensuring that takings are brought into the Finance Office for banking on a weekly basis, weekly returns, maintenance of petty cash and volunteer records and administration of Retail Gift Aid Scheme.
• To keep the Chief Executive Officer regularly informed of all relevant matters relating to shops
• To ensure that all shop personnel are aware of and working to Age UK Solihull’s policies including Health and Safety, Confidentiality, Financial Procedures, Security Procedures and Trading Standards regulations
• To work as part of the staff team of Age UK Solihull as a whole and undertake by agreement such other duties within the organisation as may from time to time be necessary.
All staff have a particular responsibility for ensuring that Safeguarding Adults legislation and guidelines are adhered to, that the well-being of at risk individuals is promoted and that at risk individuals are aware of their right to protection from all forms of abuse.
All staff have an individual responsibility to comply with Age UK Solihull’s Policy and Practice on Health and Safety Matters
All staff are expected to support the fundraising activities of Age UK Solihull.
A personal specification can be found here.
How to apply:
Please visit here for an application form.
Hours: 28 hours per week (including some Saturdays)
Closing date: Friday 4 February at 1.00pm