Main purposes of the job:
• Responsibility for monitoring, assessing and delivering Quality standards and infra-structure in the retail department on behalf of Life through the staff team in relation to recruitment and induction of staff, training and development, audits and property and fleet management.
• To deliver the Audit process and maintenance programme to make recommendations to the staff team to ensure a quick turnaround of performance.
• Monitor, update and negotiate leases.
• Contribute to shop acquisition through planning, ordering and set up of systems in shops.
Key achievement areas:
1) To take lead responsibility for quality control and operational standards within the Retail department.
2) To be a member of the Life Quality Assurance Committee, contributing to a Trusted Charity Quality Accreditation at level 2.
3) To carry out a Shop Audit with a means to provide health checks on Life’s retail services and diagnose areas of process, procedure and policy that are not being adhered to, ensuring actions are carried out in a timely manner.
4) To deliver a recruitment and selection monitoring framework with a focus on attracting, appointing and retaining good candidates.
5) To monitor and assess the Retail induction and training programme, ensuring all Retail staff are set up on Life’s IT systems and thoroughly inducted and trained to carry out their role, by meeting and greeting all new retail staff and spending Day 1 going through the induction checklist on site.
6) To devise and create any appropriate visual aids, signs or tools to assist in processes and procedures within shops.
7) To monitor and report on the timely delivery of One to Ones and Appraisals within the retail department.
8) To take lead responsibility for the data input, induction and training of volunteers for the department, including company wide communication.
9) To monitor and update the Shops social media pages, ensuring promotion of the Retail portal and marketing communications.
10) To assess the delivery of Health and Safety regulations appertaining to Life shops, ensuring compliance by working with the Head of Central Services to resolve issues and work on prevention.
11) To monitor, liaise with landlords and report on any lease agreement renewals within the property portfolio.
12) To inspect properties and to issue work orders and recommendations following inspection.
13) To monitor and report on financial processes, compliance and administration processes as outlined in the Policy Manual.
14) To monitor and report on maintenance issues to ensure they are addressed within given timescales.
15) To actively assist in shop acquisition from planning and ordering stage, ensuring all new shops are supplied with a shop opening pack, the correct level of consumables, equipment, signage, branding and stationery for opening, and that all systems and procedures are in place ahead of opening.
16) To monitor and report on the timely completion of Retail administration, highlighting any areas of non-compliance to the Head of Retail and to ensure the all monitoring tools are current and relevant.
17) To be an active member of the Charity Retail Association, attending conferences and group sessions and reporting relevant information back to the Head of Retail. To contribute to surveys and to share Policy and research with the Retail team.
18) Undertake any other duties that are essential to the job role.
19) Abide by and take responsibility for the implementation of Life’s Equality Policy in all aspects of service delivery and working practice. Contribute positively to identifying and developing service improvements which respond to equality and diversity issues.
20) Abide by and take responsibility for the obtaining, storage, processing and sharing of any personal data within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and as defined in the relevant Life policies for all aspects of service delivery and working practice, paying particular attention to the protection of personal information in any form and by whatever means it is accessed by you
A full job description can be found here.
How to apply:
Please visit here to apply online. You can also apply by sending CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Hours: 35hrs per week