Assist the Head of Retail with the development of the warehouse into a revenue generating operation and drive forward the growth and development of our e-commerce business. Work closely with the Head of Retail to deliver EHAAT’s retail strategy, increase online sales and deliver budgeted growth expectations. Work closely with the Retail Area Manager to ensure that the shops are supported and supplied with the relevant stock to ensure shop sales are maximised. Implement new systems so that we are able to monitor stock distribution.
It is essential that you are a highly motivated, flexible and trust worthy individual with experience of working towards and meeting KPI’s and targets. You will have excellent communication, interpersonal and people management skills and be highly organised and efficient in managing workload. You will have the ability to inspire and motivate others to support the Charity. Previous experience in a similar role is desirable.
• Manage all warehouse operations including sorting, packing and storage of donated items
• Implement new systems to monitor stock distribution to all shops
• Implement new systems to record all items received from the shops for online sales
• Oversee the running of all e-commerce trading with full responsibility of delivering the agreed income target
• To maximise opportunities and expand existing e-commerce channels to increase sales
• To research, implement and manage the expansion of a range of new online shops/ventures.
• Actively support an environmentally and socially conscious ethos in relation to warehouse and e-commerce practices.
• Be ambitious in growing profits and lead on an action plan to achieve growth and results in line with the retail strategy.
• Ensure all cost and income budgets set by the Head of Retail are achieved.
• Develop annual promotional activities that complement the wider retail offering.
• Monitor industry trends, competitor’s performance and report back on any relevant developments within the sector. Research and execute recommendations to put EHAAT at the forefront of Charity warehouse and e-commerce.
• Frequent monitoring, analysis and evaluation of metrics regarding sales, warehouse operation and customer service feedback and delivery logistics.
• In conjunction with the Fundraising & Marketing Director, Head of Retail and the Marketing and Communications team establish a brand identity for all EHAAT’s e-commerce platforms and warehouse operation.
• Produce and maintain high quality digital photography to enhance the offer of donated items sold on our e-commerce channels, in line with brand guidelines.
• Ensure that the costs and methods of fulfilment are reviewed regularly, and recommendations are discussed with the Head of Retail.
• Manage stock inventory levels of donated and new goods to ensure optimum availability.
• Allocate products to the correct income department i.e. shops or online in order to accurately record sales of donated items
• Ensure the EPOS reports are used to make data-based decisions.
• To be fully aware of relevant retail KPI’s
• Conduct regular team meetings for warehouse staff and volunteers, updating them on the progress of EHAAT’s strategy and the overall business objectives and targets.
• Lead, develop and coach all team members.
• Ensure sufficient volunteer cover through effective management of team resources e.g. rotas, holidays and lieu time. Ensure volunteers are effectively managed on a daily basis allocating workload fairly and consistently.
• In conjunction with the Volunteer Manger ensure that the ‘Volunteer’s Journey’ is effectively managed.
• Attend Retail Management Meetings, budget meetings and any other meetings as required by the Head of Retail, and cascade information to the team as appropriate.
• Travel when required to provide support to the retail team where needed.
• Ensure that all EHAAT’s administrative and financial procedures are followed in a timely manner, including banking, weekly returns, maintenance of petty cash account, performance returns, and volunteer records.
• Collaborative working with the warehouse team and the Head of Work Place & Infrastructure to ensure that the warehouse operation is compliant with all Health & Safety regulations and that all relevant Risk Assessments are produced.
• Communicate with the retail shops on the departments bestselling items or items of interest required for online sales
• Ensure Gift Aid details are securely processed from our donors.
• Communicate with shops on a regular basis to ensure stock levels are maintained
• Coordinate and manage EHAAT branded Merchandise and develop this as a profitable
How to apply:
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to: Fiona.email@example.com or download a vacancy information pack via our website: https://www.ehaat.org/about-us/jobs/
Location: Essex & Herts Air Ambulance’s Warehouse, Stevenage, Hertfordshire