Accountable to: Shop Manager
To assist the Shop Manager with the effective daily management, maximise profit opportunities, maintaining high quality operating standards and providing first class customer experience.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of “Best Practice” shop operational standards including all systems and procedures as defined in the “Shops Policy” document.
- Liase with the Shop Manager on the need to review shop layout and space in line with current performance and possible future sales opportunities.
- Responsible for the security of cash and stock and for ensuring that approved till procedures and cash reconciliation procedures are maintained on all duty days.
- Responsible for the acceptance, sorting, storing, pricing of all donated or delivered goods along with the disposal of rejected and culled merchandise through an approved salvage collector.
- Proactively manage seasonal changes applying good merchant skills awareness.
- Support the team, encourage ownership of shared goals and objectives, ensuring that the optimum customer experience is delivered every time.
- Demonstrate high levels of commercial awareness and market trends and for capitalising further sales opportunities as they present themselves.
- Measuring local competition and debate all business changes and situations with the Shop Manager. Working together determine any enhancement opportunities for PTHC.
- Support all local fundraising PTHC events and provide a high level of interaction with the fundraising team.
- Assist in the implementation of all PTHC policies, health and safety regulations and to comply with any amendments that from time to time will be required.
- Inspire team with desire to reach higher and do better mentality.
- Instil the PTHC values in team ensuring that the best customer experience is delivered.
- Encourage an effective team of volunteers; promote best customer experience and loyalty principles.
- Manage customer expectations effectively dealing with any expressions of dissatisfaction swiftly and effectively.
- Maximise opportunities to improve on customer experiences and create a culture of trustworthiness.
Training and Development
- Assist in meeting the needs of the business taking into account the volunteers individual strengths and weaknesses. Utilising their qualities to maximise potential and providing training opportunities to ensure that competences are met.
- Encourage open discussion and two-way communication along with an open management style in which trust and fairness is consistently applied in line with PTHC values.
- Attend all PTHC management, training and development meetings either at the hospice or elsewhere.
- Through the appraisal system, highlight areas and concerns that need to be rectified to cover any skills shortfalls.
- Instil PHTC Values in self and team.
This job description is current and subject to yearly review in consultation with the job holder. It is liable to reflect and anticipate necessary changes to support the PTHC strategy.
This job description is underpinned by the Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care philosophy, culture and core values which actively promote a total team spirit, the aim of which is to ‘be the best’.
Salary; £8.13 per hour- various hours available
Link to website: www.pth.org.uk
For a full job description and person specification click here: Job Description