We are looking for a Shop Deputy Manager to assist the Shop Manager in the management of the shop and its volunteers, working to achieve maximum profitability, excellent customer service and awareness of the charity. The job involves manging the till, manual handling and sorting of donated goods. The role will work Monday, Friday and Saturday, 9.45am – 5.15pm. They will be required to work flexibly to provide cover during the absence of the Shop Manager when they are sick or on annual leave, where they will run the shop during this time.
Tasks will include (and are not limited to):
• Helping meet sales targets
• Controlling expenditure to maximise profits
• Support the Manager with shop campaigns
• Ensuring volunteers maintain a high standard of customer care
• Supporting in pricing of items
• Controlling stock
• Arranging displays
• Assisting in recruitment and managing volunteers
• Ensuring volunteers are trained and meeting health and safety regulations
• Cash register procedures to ensure security of the shop takings
• Act as a keyholder
We are looking for passionate and committed candidates who have good managerial skills and are able to motivate a team, with some experience in the mental health field.
Mind in Croydon is a high quality, growing charity that prides itself on serving the people of Croydon and surrounding areas who need support with mental health issues. We seek to empower clients to lead a full life as part of the community.
Our working environment is a positive, supportive and flexible one. We provide great internal career opportunities for employees and a competitive salary and benefits package, including 28 days holiday (pro-rata), rising to 33 days (pro-rata) after 5 years’ service plus bank holidays, a good pension scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme.
How to apply:
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are a fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org