The St Vincent de Paul Society (or as it is often known – the SVP) is an international Christian voluntary organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and disadvantage by providing practical assistance to those in need. We feed the hungry, we support the homeless, we visit the lonely and we befriend the stranger.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Shop Manager to join our fantastic retail division based in Bangor. Our stores have a huge range of stock on display including furniture, clothing and bric-a-brac which will bring variety in each sale. The ideal candidate will have solid retail management experience and a proven track record in achieving targets by setting high standards.
The main duties of the Shop Manager will involve –
- Managing a busy charity shop to success
- Leading and managing a team of paid workers and dedicated volunteers by giving ongoing support, guidance and training.
- Developing and delivering on the shops business plan using your entrepreneurial flair to make a difference
- Maximising sales to ensure that targets are met and exceeded consistently
- Delivering outstanding customer service to ensure regular custom
- Maintaining excellent merchandising standards
The successful Shop Manager will have experience working in a retail management role ideally from a charity background. It is essential for the candidate to demonstrate the following –
- Great communication and people skills to deliver excellent customer service
- Good standard of numeracy, literacy and IT skills
- Ability to work within a team efficiently
- Passion to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Good organisational and time management skills working in a fast moving environment
- Ability to adhere to health and safety policy’s and legislations
- Drive, enthusiasm and ambition to succeed
- Empathy with the Society’s ethos and values
In return we’ll provide you with the opportunity to work for a welcoming organisation that offers support and guidance with the opportunity to progress.
Working Hours: You will be contracted to 37.5 hours per week working five 7.5 hour days flexibly. This will include working weekends.
Benefits Package: 33 days holiday (pro rata) per year inclusive of bank holidays increasing to 38 days with service, competitive pension scheme, enhanced maternity pay and lots more.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to fulfil this role successfully, please apply in the first instance with your CV to Philip Kojcinovic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous candidates need not apply. Unfortunately, if you have not received a response within four weeks of your application, you have not been successful on this occasion.