Birmingham & Solihull Women’s Aid offers safe, temporary accommodation and a range of community-based support services to women and children affected by domestic violence and abuse. Applicants must have a commitment to quality, equality and valuing diversity.
The Shop Manager will lead the team to maximise the shop(s) financial contribution to BSWA by effective and entrepreneurial management and be responsible for the effective operation of the shop(s) with responsibility for
1. Recruiting, training, managing and developing a volunteer team working within BSWA values
2. Optimising sales across all departments.
3. Achieving set targets
4. Provide excellent customer service to both customers and donors
5. Maintaining effective stock management and merchandising.
6. Carrying out shop(s) administration, including Gift Aid administration.
7. Taking necessary action to repair and maintain the premises and to take all reasonable steps to protect BSWA property from theft, damage or fire.
8. Training and ensuring team adherence to all health and safety policy and procedures.
9. To assist your Line Manager as required in area wide initiatives, for example new shop openings.
How to apply:
If you are interested please download a recruitment pack here and return completed forms to: Birmingham & Solihull Women’s Aid, Central Administration, Ryland House, 44-48 Bristol Street, Birmingham, B5 7AA or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Large print documents are available on request.
We currently have the above vacancies, and, unless stated otherwise, we are particularly keen to recruit staff who can speak community languages, particularly Punjabi, French, Polish, Somali and Farsi. All positions, unless otherwise stated, are full-time, 37 hours per week.
These posts are subject to a 6% pension contribution. Women only need apply. These posts are covered by a Genuine Occupational Requirement (Schedule 9; Equality Act 2010).
BSWA operates within Safer Recruitment good practice guidelines. Please note all successful candidates will be subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service Check before commencing their employment.
BSWA is a Disability Confident Employer. We want everyone to have equal chance at being considered for our jobs. Should you be unable to submit your application online and would prefer an alternative method, or you are experiencing another barrier to completing your application, please contact our recruitment team at: email@example.com.
We will close applications for this post when a certain number of qualified applications are received.