Due to expansion we require an experienced retail manager to manage the day to day running of the WR 5 branch of White Rose in Nottingham, selling handpicked, recycled fashion. To be responsible for all aspects of the shop, including the optimizing of sales, effective stock management and merchandising, management of volunteers, customer service, financial records, administration and promoting the work of the Aegis Trust, the charity that we support. Also to be responsible for managing the wedding dress/occasion wear department specializing in bridal wear. The manager will work to budgeted sales targets and will be expected to control shop expenditure and promote White Rose online.
- Shop Premises: overall responsibility for the shop premises, ensuring they are clean, safe, secure and tidy.
- Trading hours: opening the shops and ensuring trading hours are adhered to.
- Staffing: To manage an assistant manager and to recruit, train and motivate a team of volunteers to assist in the running of the shop. To maintain a weekly rota and to delegate shop tasks to the volunteers according to their strengths.
- Budgets: achieve sales targets and run a cost effective operation against set budgets. To recognise and implement additional opportunities for income and reductions in shop costs.
- Stock: operate effective stock management systems to realise the maximum profit possible from donated goods.
- Pricing: Price stock according to White Roses’ pricing structure
- Administration and Financial Procedures: To maintain an accurate and scrupulously honest account of the shops financial position. To reconcile the takings on a daily basis, to bank all cash every other day where possible and to ensure strict security measures are implemented for unbanked cash at weekends and holiday periods.
- Social Media Marketing and Online Sales: Run social media campaigns to assist sales and online sales
- Regulations: To comply with all current legislation and White Rose policies. This includes the health and safety policy and retail law
- Promotion of The Aegis Trust: Under the leadership of The Aegis Trust, to use the shop as a vehicle to promote the charity to volunteers and customers using the communication materials provided and one’s own empathy for the cause.
- Visual Merchandising: To display stock in the WR5 branch to a high standard including regularly changing themed window displays.
Hours of work
The manager will be able to manage the shop in a 5 day week but in certain circumstances it may be necessary to adjust, change or exceed the number of days worked in one week.
In addition to the ordinary statutory holidays the manager will be entitled to twenty-five days holidays
in each calendar year commencing on 1 January in each year (which shall accrue on a monthly basis).
Learn more about us at our website: www.whiteroseshop.co.uk