An opportunity has arisen to recruit a Shop Manager to help run our highly successful and extremely busy charity shop in Cranleigh. As part of the shop’s vibrant management team you will support and manage a team of loyal volunteers helping to generate income and maximize sales of donated and bought in stock. Day-to-day duties include sorting, pricing and merchandising stock along with monitoring sales and profit against target.
This is an exciting opportunity to build and maintain relationships in the local community and to work for Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care who provide supportive and end of life care for people living with an advanced or terminal illness.
This is a physically demanding role involving the lifting, sorting and moving of donated items. The successful candidate will:
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a busy team.
- Have previous experience within a charity or fashion based organisation.
- Have knowledge of visual merchandising or shop displays.
- Have some commercial awareness and a desire to drive business forward within their shop.
In return we offer:
- 6 weeks’ paid holiday (plus pro-rated public holidays)
- Group Personal Pension Plan (matched contributions to 7.5%)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health Care Cash Plan Scheme
- Staff Benefit Scheme
- Excellent education and training
Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care provides supportive and end of life care for people living with an advanced or terminal illness. Based in Farnham and Guildford, we serve a population of 550,000 across West Surrey and North East Hampshire.
A full job description can be found here.
For further information please contact Barry Young, Retail Operations Manager on 07780 389755 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 35 hours/week, (worked over 5 days, incl. alternate Saturdays)
Interviews will be held on Friday 18th October 2019.