Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Marketing and Fundraising divisions exist to inspire millions of people – from individuals to large corporate organisations – to support our quest for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
The legendary Mary Portas and Save the Children joined forces in 2009 to take the lead on a charity retail revolution, resulting in a blaze of publicity and a new style of charity retailing we call Mary’s Living & Giving. Now we need an interim Shop Manager to support the Volunteer team and continue to inspire the local community for a 12-month period. Your responsibilities will include:
• Acting as an ambassador for the brand, the charity and for Mary
• Recruiting, inspiring, supporting and empowering your team of volunteers, using their knowledge of the local community and enthusiasm for fashion to get the right mix of quality products and pricing to make the store a success
• Working with the volunteer team to reach agreed financial targets
• Ensuring a high standard of display, visual merchandising and shop floor management at all times
• Manage and inspire our volunteers to create “the buzz” of excitement around the shop for customers and the team.
We’re looking for an experienced retail manager with the ability to mould and delegate to an equally passionate team of volunteers. A brilliant communicator, inspirational leader, efficient business manager and unfailingly positive thinker, you must radiate natural warmth and a can-do entrepreneurial approach. And of course, you will have a passion for fashion! You will also:
• Be an excellent team leader, achieving results from developing and supporting others
• Have excellent time management skills
• Be able to illustrate an understanding of issues that result from working with volunteers
• Be flexible and able to work weekends, Bank Holidays and additional hours
• Have the ability to drive sales and control costs
• Be able to demonstrate experience of stock control, cash handling and visual merchandising.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website: