This is a fantastic opportunity to manage a new shop with the potential to grow sales through a new customer base in a vibrant trading area. The potential is huge! Do you have what it takes to put the Layerthorpe Hospice shop firmly on the map of an essential retail outing in the city of York?
Are you looking for your next retail challenge? Are you highly motivated, enthusiastic, with the ability to juggle a number of tasks simultaneously. Working alongside a new team of volunteers, together with the Deputy Shop Manager and a Retail Sales Assistant, you will be responsible on the days you work for managing and overseeing all operational aspects within the shop. In addition you will take a key part in preparing stock, creating eye catching displays and producing promotional literature prior to sale events.
Guidance will be provided by the Retail Manager / Retail Operations Manager, working as part of a team and you will support your colleagues as and where necessary.
A strong sense of humour and enthusiasm are key elements of this role, together with the ability to liaise with a wide variety of staff across the Hospice.
To manage the Layerthorpe charity shop
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the shop, ensuring it meets agreed turnover targets.
- To be responsible for line managing the Deputy Shop Manager and Retail Sales Assistant.
- To recruit, train and manage an effective team of volunteers in accordance with the Hospice retail volunteer process.
- To maintain the staff rota and to update weekly, ensuring optimum cover.
- To ensure the shop and working practices comply with Hospice policies and Health & Safety legislation and good practice.
- To be a named key holder to enable access to the Layerthorpe shop.
Please take time to read the Candidate Brief before completing an application form.
Completed application forms should either be hand delivered to the Hospice located at 185 Tadcaster Road or posted to arrive no later than 12.00 noon on 18th July 2018. Application forms not fully completed with employment or other gaps, questions unanswered or unsigned, will not be considered.
If you wish to have any informal discussion ahead of submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Helen Moreton, Retail Manager. Helen can be contacted on 01904 788777 or via email at email@example.com
Please visit our website for further information, full job description and person specification: http://www.stleonardshospice.org.uk/About/Job-Vacancies/Paid-Jobs
CV’s without an application form will not be accepted
Interview date: Thursday 26th & Friday 27th July 2018
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 18th July 2018 (12 noon)