As one of our Shop Managers, you will be supported by experienced and knowledgeable team member’s and you will be able to develop and build strong relationships with customers and volunteers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative, and motivated individual to join the team as Store Manager based at our very successful Southmead Store. You will enjoy one of the most diverse, career building and rewarding roles in retail!
- Working 37.5 hours per week, 5 days in 7
- Salary starting from £23,170 up to £25,125 per annum, dependant on experience
- Permanent position
- Delivering consistently high retail and customer service standards
- Actively supporting and demonstrating our values through your role
- Leading, coaching and managing staff and volunteers
- To achieve and optimise sales and targets
- To create and maintain a positive working environment for staff and volunteers
- Promotion of diversity and gender rights
What we are looking for:
- Ideally, you will bring previous retail experience, gained at managerial / supervisory level
- Commercial awareness and demonstrable experience of managing and leading a team; delivering outstanding customer service would be equally advantageous
- A genuine interest in fashion and charity retail
- Ability to earn trust, motivate, build rapport and provide leadership
- High levels of organisation with a proactive approach
- Open and adaptable to change and able to support others through it
- IT literacy and numeracy skills. Using email systems and online resources; use and understand basic spreadsheets
We know sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for job if they don’t tick every box. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could just be what we’re looking for!
We also offer a great range of employee benefits, including generous annual leave, an Employee Assistance Programme and pension scheme, along with a number of schemes and discounts including cycle to work and reduced gym memberships.
We believe in equality of opportunity and understand the value of a diverse mix of talented people that is representative of our community. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender or disability.
Due to the nature of the work involved, this role is exempt from the ROA and all job-holders are required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
How to apply:
For more information and to apply please visit the jobs page on the St Peter’s Hospice website https://www.stpetershospice.org/about-us/jobs/vacancies or contact Sarah Gravelle, North Area Manager for an informal discussion about the role at email@example.com
We will review applications as they come in and therefore, we may close the vacancy before the closing date, so candidates are advised to apply early.