We’re recruiting a Shop Manager for our wonderful shop in Church Street, Stow-on-the-Wold, a well-established shop in the heart of the community that’s well supported by our fantastic customers and wonderful donations!
More about the role
As a Shop Manager at Blue Cross, you will be responsible for maximising sales to achieve set targets; generating donations; display and merchandising; managing stock deliveries and collections; record keeping and cash handling for your shop.
You will be the face of Blue Cross on the high street and helping to raise awareness of the wonderful work we do in the local community.
We already have a great team of loyal volunteers, who are a great support to the shop. An important part of your role will be recruiting, training, motivating, managing, and supporting them.
Your normal working pattern may change each week, subject to the needs of the business and the levels of staff and volunteers available to work and will involve a significant element of weekend working.
Our shops are open seven days a week, Monday to Saturday from 09:00 – 17:00 and on Sundays, 10:00 – 16:00.
Due to the nature of the role this may involve some lone working and you will need to be willing to provide support and work at other shops as required.
With strong commercial awareness and the ambition to succeed you will be able to demonstrate creativity and innovation to identify income opportunities whilst working closely with the local community and businesses. You’ll have:
- Retail management experience
- Commercial awareness to deliver sales
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong external relationships.
- Good IT skills and a basic understanding of finance
- Good people management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
It would also be great if you had:
- Full driving licence
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Experience of fundraising
Why Blue Cross?
Our people are the most important part of delivering our purpose. If it were not for their amazing efforts and commitment, we would not be able to make a difference that we do today.
In return, Blue Cross wants to ensure we provide you with the best working environment we can.
We want you to be happy working for us and will do everything we can to make sure you are.
Our generous benefits package includes:
- Enhanced annual leave entitlement: 30 days plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contribution
- Life assurance
- Unlimited access to an employee assistance programme
- Programmes for physical and mental wellbeing support
- Free access to GP via MetLife
- Recognition scheme
- Annual volunteer days
- Claim for professional fees
- Charity worker discounts across a variety of retailers.
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please visit the ‘why work for us‘ page on our website.
How to apply:
Charity Retail Jobs is sponsored by Precycle Group