Be there when it matters
Sue Ryder is one of the largest charity retailers in the UK with over 400 shops. Every item sold in our shops generates funding so we can continue to provide 2.7 million hours of expert medical, practical and emotional support every year, in our hospices and neurological centres, in people’s homes and in the community.
We have a much-loved presence on high streets across the country – with a range of innovative shops, including boutiques, vintage and retro shops, and large format stores. As a member of the retail team you’ll be helping us Inspire communities to provide more care for more people through innovating and collaborating on ways to reduce, reuse and recycle. You will also be contributing to drive up the income that generates the vital funds necessary to keep our care and support services running.
Edinburgh Seafield Rd is the flagship shop for Sue Ryder in Scotland, an amazing superstore with furniture as well as New Goods. We are positioned between the Leith and Portobello areas of Edinburgh on a small Retail Park giving us the unique advantage of being the only Charity Shop that you can drive to.
Are you an experienced proactive shop manager? Do you have the retail skills to manage our charity store? If so, come and join the team at our Edinburgh shop and contribute to the work we do across Sue Ryder!
• As Shop Manager you will be using your skills and retail experience to drive business, push sales and achieve targets.
• Lead your team to deliver great customer service to our donors and customers
• Work with the local community to generate sufficient donated stock to drive sales.
• Recruit, train & retain a volunteer team, who’ll look to you for leadership and guidance.
• Set high standards of merchandising and housekeeping, ensuring you and your teams health and safety is a priority
• Manage effective stock processes to ensure your shop is well merchandised with fresh, seasonal stock at all times.
• Act as a brand ambassador for Sue Ryder, supporting in store campaign’s to promote the brand and national fundraising initiatives.
• Manage effective stock processes through the Epos operation
To be successful in this role you’ll have the commercial awareness to deliver sales and meet deadlines combined with ability to plan and prioritise. You will have proven team leadership skills and the ability to lead a large team of volunteers. It is essential is that you enjoy engaging with people, you have a positive can do attitude and a good understanding of financial and IT administration
Competitive Benefits Package
– 27 days holiday rising to 33 with length of service plus bank holidays (pro rata if part-time), – Company pension scheme
– Refer a Friend scheme – £250 payment
– Staff discount with thousands of retailers
– Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
– Access to Employee support programme
– and lots more. Please visit our careers website for the full list.
How to apply:
Please visit here to apply online.
If you want more than just a job, We want you.
Join the team and be there when it matters.
In the event that we receive a significant number of applications, we may choose to close this role ahead of the closing date published.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can. Shops, including boutiques, vintage and retro shops, and large format stores, we want to continue drive up the income that our retail operations generate.