Overall Purpose of the Job
To oversee all aspects of site maintenance at our 2.5-acre site in Ditchingham which includes our 3 large convent buildings and various workshops. To project manage building development projects on this site, liaising with contractors and consultants on behalf of the Director. To oversee the development of small-scale building projects which relate to new social enterprise initiatives, working with the existing staff team and Companions to ensure a whole team approach which meets H&S requirements.
To oversee maintenance of any other sites which form part of Emmaus Norfolk and Waveney and to project manage any associated building projects.
- Implement a year-round maintenance schedule ensuring that all necessary actions are carried out to maintain safe and well-kept houses, retail shops and grounds which meet all H&S requirements as well as the obligations of our full maintaining lease
- Work with the staff team to ensure the weekly rota for Companions incorporates the necessary maintenance tasks for both grounds and buildings
- To ensure the necessary paperwork is completed in relation to H&S and maintenance checks for all areas and that information is shared appropriately across the Community
- To project manage both small scale and larger building projects on all our sites
- To work closely with the staff team, Companions, contractors, and consultants to facilitate safe and efficient project development which sits within the allocated budget
- To work alongside the Director and the Business team to develop any new initiatives either as part of developing the destination centre at our Ditchingham site or as part of either Retail/Community development across the county
- To communicate effectively and appropriately with Companions and staff to ensure effective operations and Companion development
- To liaise effectively and positively with contractors and consultants whilst ensuring the interests and needs of Emmaus Norfolk and Waveney are met
- To assist and contribute to the development of business plans and building projects where appropriate.
- To contribute and report on monthly actual financials to budget in order that budget is achieved and if there are any deviances, remedial action can swiftly be taken
- To ensure activities meet and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal and statutory requirements retail law, policies and general duty of care and professional boundaries
- To be flexible and willing to carry out any reasonable duties needed to assist the Community and business operations
- Participation in and delivery of, meetings, 1:1’s and appraisals where appropriate
- To understand and work in accordance with the principles of the Emmaus movement and uphold its values and ethos
A full job description can be found here.
How to apply
To apply please send your CV in a word file format or.pdf, with a supporting statement on no more than two sides of A4, the equal opportunities and declaration of criminal records forms by email to email@example.com by close of business 05/02/2021
Those shortlisted will be invited to an interview to be held on 10-12th February 2021.
- Working Hours – full time hours are 40 hours per week, a 5-day week over Monday to Sunday including overnight on call duties as part of the rota if living onsite
- Flexible Working – options available, subject to the requirements of individual roles
- Annual Leave – 25 days per annum, plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension – Stakeholder pension
- Training & Development – Individually tailored induction, training and development
- Employee Assistance – a 24/7 employee assistance scheme is available