How to apply:
To find out more or to apply please visit our website www.lifecharity.org.uk/jobs.
Main Purposes of the Job:
- To set up a new warehouse operation in the Midlands which will receive donations daily from the public which are then sorted and distributed to our 11 existing shops and a programme of new shops
- Ensure the Warehouse logistics function meets the need of the business at all times
- Sourcing and processing sufficient donations of the appropriate quality to keep all shops fully stocked, through door to door and clothing bank collections
- To oversee the siting of clothing banks across the midlands to procure stock
- Overseeing and maintaining the E-Commerce operation.
- Ensuring the operational infrastructure is fit for purpose and that the speed and accuracy of stock processing and deliveries meet the needs of the business
- Working closely with the Senior retail team and shop Managers to understand their stock requirements and be responsible for overseeing the maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment as well as Health and Safety of the Warehouse
- To recruit and manage a team of Staff and Volunteers to assist in the operation.
Key Achievement Areas:
Planning and Monitoring:
- Lead in the development, implementation and review of the Warehouse operation ensuring it is in line with the overall organisational business plan
- Regularly review the Warehouse services and team objectives in the light of changing environments and issues arising, to ensure their effective delivery
- Contribute to the development of business plans, operational plans and relevant performance measures which achieve continuous improvement
- Produce, implement and monitor the warehouse operation plans and policies to achieve corporate objectives
- Report to the Head of Retail on the Warehouse Operations plans and achievement of targets and objectives
- Access various business structures to establish the most appropriate model for the charity.
- Manage the performance of staff in the Warehouse team to maintain an effective team capable of consistently providing a professional service to the organisation
- Develop working relationships and partnerships with external bodies including voluntary and statutory agencies, funders, the Charity Retail Association, in order to further the mission of the Charity
- To promote the Charity internally and externally so as to ensure a positive external image and a highly motivated workforce.
- The post holder must assume responsibility for their own professional and personal development (supported by Life where appropriate) to ensure their continuing competence to deliver Life’s requirements
- A key component of development is being fully aware of regulatory and legal requirements impacting on operational services and ensuring that all staff within those services, including the Retail Team, are aware of and deliver their individual responsibilities.
A full job description can be found here.
How to apply:
To find out more or to apply please visit our website www.lifecharity.org.uk/jobs. CVs submitted must also provide a covering letter setting out your skills and experience matching the job specification.
Hours: 28hrs per week
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults. Familiarisation with, and adherence to, the appropriate organisational Safeguarding Policies and any associated guidance is an essential requirement of all employees as is participation in related mandatory/statutory training. All employees must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause. If you do not understand exactly how this clause relates to you personally then you must ensure that you seek clarification from your immediate manager as a matter of urgency. Equally, all managers have a responsibility to ensure that their team members understand their individual responsibilities with regard to Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults.
All staff will be expected to:
- Work with the charity’s aims and objectives, upholding its vision and mission.
- Demonstrate respect for others and value diversity
- Act responsibly in regard to the health and safety of themselves and others
- Focus on the service user and customer, both internally and externally, at all times
- Make an active contribution to developing the service
- Learn from, and share experience and knowledge
- Keep others informed of issues of importance and relevance
- Consciously review mistakes and successes to improve performance
- Act as an ambassador for the Charity and maintain the highest professional standards at all times
- Use discretion and sensitivity and be aware of issues requiring total customer confidentiality
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to their work.
- Abide by and take responsibility for the obtaining, storage, processing and sharing of any personal data within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and as defined in the relevant Life policies for all aspects of service delivery and working practice, paying particular attention to the protection of personal information in any form and by whatever means it is accessed by you.
In addition, all managers and supervisors will commit to:
- Value and recognise ideas and the contribution of all team members
- Coach individuals and teams to perform to the best of their ability
- Delegate work to develop individuals in their roles and realise their potential performance
- Provide support, feedback and guidance to all team members
- Encourage their team to achieve work/personal life balance.