Are you passionate about reducing waste and reusing and recycling what would otherwise end up in landfill? Does the “green agenda” excite and inspire you?
Then SVP may have just the job for you, we are shortly to be opening our first Revive Superstore on the Waste Transfer site at Pallion, Sunderland and we are recruiting for a Store Manager and an Assistant Store Manager. You will join us at the very start of this exciting new project, helping to shape the store for the opening and to help us lead it to success. We will train and coach you to ensure your management skills are put to the best use in helping to maximise the sales and deliver the very best in Customer Service.
We are looking for a manager to have overall control of the store and an assistant manager to work alongside them as well as deputise in their absence. This a rewarding opportunity to make a difference and to work for a flexible employer committed to it’s staff.
STORE MANAGERS MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for meeting targets and achieving maximum
- Work within approved budgets managing the control of income and expenditure of designated retail operations
- Effectively recruit, train, develop and support staff and volunteers
- Manage an effective rota of staff and volunteers to ensure adequately staffing at all times
- Effectively line manage and responsible for the conduct of performance reviews, one to one meetings and ongoing training needs for direct reports
- Ensure optimum retail standards of display, merchandising and housekeeping are maintained and developed
- Help to generate stock donations to meet the demands of the operation
- Responsible for accepting stock, sorting and processing, stock control and correct disposal of unsuitable or unwanted items in accordance with guidelines and company policy.
- Publicise the work of Revive Sunderland and ensure enquiries and complaints are dealt with promptly and effectively in line with the company policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain links with the wider community, projects, organisations and businesses to maximise awareness and support for Revive Sunderland
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGERS MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accept and process donations as directed and outlined in the operations and training manuals
- Merchandise donations on the stock floor, to ensure that the best use is made of the available space and that the items are displayed in a manner that encourages sales
- Remove items that have been damaged on the shop floor, or that have been out on the shop floor for too long
- Process sales at the till and deal with customer queries
- Ensure that the shop is kept clean, safe and tidy, minimising the risk of trips or other injuries
- Take waste items that cannot be re-used up to the waste site for recycling
- Maintain good working relations with council staff on the household waste sorting site
- Deputise for the Store Manager in his/her absence
It is essential that the candidate can demonstrate the following –
- Experience working in the Reuse/Recycling sector (Store Manager)
- Experience of working in retail (Store Manager & Assistant Store Manager)
- Experience managing a team, with the ability to prioritise to meet the needs of the business (Store Manager)
- Good up to date knowledge of the Reuse sector and the laws around it
- A good standard of education
- Experience of providing excellent customer service
How to apply:
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to fulfil this role successfully, please apply in the first instance with your CV to HR@svp.org.uk. All suitable applicants will be sent a short application form to complete. If you have any further questions or would like to see a copy of the full job description/person specification, please contact Laura Whittaker on 01274 513045.
Closing Date for CV’s = 8th July 2022
Deadline for Application Packs = 11th July 2022
Interviews = 15th July 2022
Whilst we ask that staff have sympathy with the Christian values, religion is not taken into account in recruitment as we value people of all faiths or none.
The St Vincent de Paul Society (or as it is often known – the SVP) is an international Christian voluntary organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and disadvantage by providing practical assistance to those in need. We feed the hungry, we support the homeless, we visit the lonely and we befriend the stranger.
Working Hours = You will be contracted to 37.5 hours per week
Location = Pallion, Sunderland
Contract = Permanent
Salary = £26,000 per annum (Store Manager) or £20,611.50 per annum (Assistant Store Manager)
Benefits Package = 33 days holiday (pro rata) per year inclusive of bank holidays increasing to 38 days with service, competitive pension scheme, birthday day off, cycle to work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced sick pay, buy/sell holiday schemes and lots more.