MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These include but are not limited to:
1. Effectively coordinate and motivate the retail shop managers and other support staff, ensuring regular support and supervision for all in order to maximise income from all retail operations
2. Support two shops to identify stock needs and develop plans to ensure that sufficient stock is generated to meet these needs (supporting initiatives for joint shop stock generation) developing processes for sharing/rotating stock where appropriate.
3. Ensure that shop managers and the wider retailing team maximise all possible opportunities including gift aid on donated goods, monitoring these opportunities’ performance and supporting shop managers to achieve donor conversion/gift aid sales
4. Work with the Volunteering manager to ensure that all shop managers have suitable numbers of volunteers to support the delivery of the retail business targets, ensuring that the correct recruitment and induction processes are followed and that volunteers are managed and supported in line with Norwood’s volunteering policies and procedures. Also ensuring that positive volunteer management is taking place across the retail team.
5. Work with the marketing department to promote opportunities to maximise Norwood’s retail business as well as working to promote the wider Norwood business, ensuring that shops are suitably merchandised and presented to a high standard. To develop and implement seasonal merchandising plans.
6. Ensure that the Trading team works within all legal health and safety requirements, trading standards law and fire regulations, undertaking regular health and safety checks in all shops, providing written reports as required and ensuring that all those working within the retail team are fully trained as required.
7. Work with existing corporate donors to ensure that our ‘New Goods’ relationships continue to thrive and generate income for Norwood via the retail stores.
8. Coordinate retailing team rotas, holidays and absences in line with Norwood’s policies and procedures and to manage temp staff and arrange short notice cover where required.
9. Provide emergency cover for out of hour’s requirements including holding keys for all premises and facilitation access for other Norwood staff or contractors as required, being aware of security risks.
10. Actively develop the Trading team setting achievable goals, giving positive recognition and providing suitable development training where required.
11. Drive van between stores to move stock on an ad hoc basis.
1. To maintain standard of dress that is appropriate to role and in accordance with the organisation’s dress policy.
2. To maintain confidentiality at all times and to ensure respect for, proper observance of and adherence to Norwood’s confidentiality policy for all staff.
3. To ensure regular supervision sessions and regular team meetings take place and to undertake relevant training as and when required.
4. To take all reasonable care of the health and safety of her/himself and of other persons who may be affected by her/his acts or omissions. As regards to any duty or requirement imposed upon the organisation by or under any of the relevant statutory provisions, to co-operate with the organisation as far as it necessary to enable that duty or requirement to be performed or complied with.
5. To report to the Health and Safety Manager serious risks or your concerns over safety issues.
6. To work collaboratively with volunteers to ensure that their contribution enhances quality of service provision and support across the organisation.
7. To work at any other reasonable Norwood location, as and when required.
8. To undertake any other reasonable duties which are consistent with the post.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and is subject to reasonable changes in accordance with the needs of the service.
A full job description and personal specification can be found here.
How to apply:
Please visit here to apply online.
Hours: 15 hours per week – flexible to suit the needs of the business