Main responsibilities of the role: To manage the Charity’s Trading and E-commerce functions, to maximise income, raise the profile and establish a brand identity for merchandise goods
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Cats Protection Trading Strategy and ensure maximum return for the charity through this income stream.
- Develop a Licensing strategy that will feed into the wider retail strategy and identify potential new opportunities to increase revenue through CP branded merchandise.
- Plan, develop and manage income and expenditure budgets for each area of trading. Agree and communicate targets and be responsible for their delivery.
- Manage the on-line trading operation, including gift shop and develop a marketing plan to maximise income from these income streams.
- Analyse sales and stock holding data to report on Trading activity and sales performance and update stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Research and identify market trends to ensure that the product range is relevant and current.
- Maintain positive relationships with existing suppliers and internal customers as well as sourcing new suppliers and product ranges.
- Oversee all CP trading activities to ensure legal compliance and best practice is applied throughout the charity.
- Develop and maximise relationships with major retailers as well as securing new partnerships to sell branded merchandise and Christmas Cards through their outlets.
- Provide resources to branches and adoption centres to allow them to fundraise effectively via trading operations. This includes providing a central buying operation as well as local options
- Manage the CP Christmas card operation, both via catalogues and online to provide maximum return, liaising with external suppliers and internal support teams
- Initiate, explore and develop innovative income generation methods via trading opportunities
- Work with the Retail and Trading Manager, Executive Management Team, Fundraising Team and other departments to develop new initiatives and income streams
- Manage staff and/or volunteers assisting with the delivery of the trading strategy as required
- Closing date 21/04/2017
- Location – homebased role will include travel, including regular trips to NCC so perhaps South England would be preferable
- Up to £34,151 (starting salary subject to experience)
- Website link – Job Description