Purpose of opportunity:
Action for Children are about to embark on an exciting new ‘pop-up’ retail project and you could be part of it!
We are looking for volunteers from a diverse range of backgrounds that can bring a variety of skills to our new venture. By volunteering you will be helping us generate vital funds for our work with children, young people and families.
Where – Watford Intu Shopping Centre
When – Open every day 9am -5.30pm (if you cannot commit to full day mornings or afternoons are great as well)
We are looking for volunteers to both offer and gain experience in all aspects of retail. Our volunteers will undertake a wide range of activities including:
- Meeting and greeting our valued customers
- Customer service with a smile!
- Serving customers at the till
- Ensuring our pop-up always looks top notch
- Administrative tasks such as pricing and stocktaking
If you have a particular skill or interest, our team would be delighted to discuss how you could utilise it with us! Whatever your skills, we want to talk to you!
- A smile
- A friendly and helpful manner
- Honesty and reliability
- An interest in working in retail
- An interest in helping a fantastic charity achieve a new ambition
Training, support or other benefits available:
- You will be trained in every aspect of your role and will receive an induction covering health and safety, safeguarding and equality.
- We will provide you with all the support you need to feel confident in your role.
- You can benefit by developing your retail and customer service skills.
- Certificate of completion of volunteering hours
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email Charrice.firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be asked to complete a volunteer registration form and invited to come and have an informal chat with us.