This is a one-day course identifying the key principles of attracting, recruiting and retaining appropriate long-term volunteers.
We are also able to offer a small number of bursary places on the course reducing the ticket price to £60 plus VAT. These places are aimed at charities who have five or fewer charity shops.
This course will help you to:
- Identify how and where to advertise for volunteers
- Devise attractive volunteer role descriptions
- Create processes suitable for your organisation
- Ensure both parties get what they need from an interview (initial meeting)
How will we achieve the aims?
- Explore the need for targeted recruitment to attract different volunteers
- Establish different ways to advertise and attract volunteers
- Review how to plan for a meaningful and effective interview
- Consider why volunteers leave and establish simple ways to retain them
The course is aimed at Shop Managers, Area Managers, or those who are centrally responsible for recruiting volunteers and is aimed at an intermediate or above level.
Each course will run from 10am to 4.30pm, with registration from 9.30am. Lunch and refreshments are included with every booking.
Our training dates have finished for 2018. We will be announcing our 2019 dates shortly. If you would like to be informed when these dates are confirmed please email Alex Angelakis, Events Officer, on email@example.com
You can attend a one-day training course for only £120 plus VAT, with an expert trainer and a small group of delegates.
Please contact our Events Officer, Alex Angelakis, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7697 4080 to find out more.
You can view our cancellation policy here.