This is a one-day course identifying the key principles of attracting, recruiting and retaining appropriate long-term volunteers.
We are also able to offer a small number of bursary places on the course reducing the ticket price to £60 plus VAT. These places are aimed at charities who have five or fewer charity shops.
This course will help you to:
- Identify how and where to advertise for volunteers
- Devise attractive volunteer role descriptions
- Create processes suitable for your organisation
- Ensure both parties get what they need from an interview (initial meeting)
How will we achieve the aims?
- Explore the need for targeted recruitment to attract different volunteers
- Establish different ways to advertise and attract volunteers
- Review how to plan for a meaningful and effective interview
- Consider why volunteers leave and establish simple ways to retain them
The course is aimed at Shop Managers, Area Managers, or those who are centrally responsible for recruiting volunteers and is aimed at an intermediate or above level.
Each course will run from 10.30am to 4.30pm, with registration from 10am. Lunch and refreshments are included with every booking.
Please see below for a full list of training dates for 2018:
Date: Thursday 6 September 2018
Location: The Custard Factory, Gibb Street, Birmingham, B9 4AA
Date: Thursday 22 November 2018
Location: Cancer Research UK, Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London, EC1V 4AD
You can attend a one-day training course for only £120 plus VAT, with an expert trainer and a small group of delegates.
Please contact our Events Officer, Alex Angelakis, via email: email@example.com or telephone 020 7697 4080 to find out more.
You can view our cancellation policy here.