You are invited to be a “Good Cause Santa Claus” this Christmas
At this time of the year, the company elves get busy thinking about spreading Christmas cheer, with tinsel, mince pies – and Secret Santa of course. So are you full of festive fun and dying to see whose name you pull out of the Christmas hat this year? Or are you already dreading your Secret Santa chore? Whichever it is, why not add a little Christmas spice to your Secret Santa this year, by buying your gifts only from charity shops.
Instead of picking the usual bottle of plonk, or boring box of chocolates, why not open yourselves up to the wonderful world of charity shop shopping? There’s a vast array of fabulous gifts inside every charity shop – books for the bookish, brand new toiletry sets for those who like to pamper themselves, fashions galore for the style conscious… the list is endless – and all at prices that will fall well within your Secret Santa price limit.
On top of the pleasure of finding the perfect gifts for their colleagues, your staff will also get a warm, Christmassy glow, knowing that their purchase is helping to support one of hundreds of good causes who use charity shops to raise much needed funds.
Robin Osterley, Chief Executive of the Charity Retail Association, said: “This is the second year we have run our Good Cause Santa Claus campaign and we hope 2018 will be even bigger and better than last year. Those who were involved in the first campaign loved the challenge and are looking forward to supporting charity shops and their local high street once again this Christmas. Why not sign up and join them?”
Why should my company get involved?
- It’s a great engagement piece for staff, encouraging fun and laughter amongst colleagues;
- It’s a great way to generate publicity for your company – we will share your logo via our website and social media, plus provide a template press release and social media posts for you to use with the local media and on your own pages;
- It can form part of your company’s Corporate Social Responsibility plan;
- It can contribute to your environmental policy, as re-use is the fundamental principle behind donated goods in charity shops;
- It’s great fun and makes a real difference.
I’m in! How do I sign up?
It’s easy as 1,2,3!
- Download our Good Cause Santa Claus campaign pack for social media images and posting suggestions to share on your organisation’s social media and shops.
- Spread the word on social media to your friends, family, and other organisations
- Share the graphics online using the #GoodCauseSantaClaus hashtag
Our campaign pack has everything you need to get involved. It includes:
- Social Media graphics to share on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Template social media posting
- A template press release to send to your local media contacts
Participating companies will be added to the Good Cause Santa Claus page on our website. Please send all artwork/branding to email@example.com.
For further comment call our Head of Policy & Research, Matt Kelcher, on 020 7697 4075 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Charity Retail Association (CRA) is the only body in the UK which represents the interests of charity retailers. We represent around 80 per cent of all charity stores in the UK. Our members range from national chains, to individual hospice shops, and everything in between.