Women in charity retail – expertly chaired by our very own Julia Edwards – was held on Thursday 4 March in the run up to International Women’s Day 2021. We were inspired and enthused by our panel of female charity retail leaders:
- Debbie Boylen, Head of Retail for Scope
- Deborah Gould, Director of Retail & Trading for Rennie Grove Hospice Care
- Allison Swaine-Hughes, Retail Director for British Heart Foundation
Kudos Software, a long-standing corporate members of the CRA, supported the session and came on board as the sponsor of this webinar, which we hope will now be an annual event. Kudos’ Managing Director, Sarah Dodd, joined the panel to share her insight into leading from the top.
What did people take away from this webinar?
We asked attendees to give details of one thing they took away from this panel session and below is a selection of the responses:
- Be me! Be confident! Believe I can do it!
- The women in our sector are so inspiring and supportive of one another
- It’s OK to feel uncomfortable to be able to develop as a leader
- I can make the difference to my future success – I can remove any barriers whether they be true or just in my head
Diversity and inclusion
We encourage attendance from members from ethnic minority communities as these groups are underrepresented in our sector and we are working to include their viewpoints in all our events.
We welcome all voices, whether spoken, issued prior to meetings, or during meetings electronically.