There has never been a more important time to join the Age UK Retail Team.
Against a backdrop of a broken social care system and millions already turning to Age UK for help, older people are amongst those hardest hit by the current pandemic and cost of living crisis. With over 250 retail shops throughout England and Wales, our Retail teams generate vital revenue to support Age UK and the incredible services that we provide to older people who need us the most.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Area Sales Manager to join our Retail Team on a full-time permanent basis, to take responsibility for the performance of around 20 Charity Shops across the areas of London, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, and Berkshire. With support from an experienced Divisional Sales Manager, this role would best suit an experienced retail professional.
Please note due to the location of our shops, candidates will need to be located in the Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire area with the ability and flexibility to travel across the wider areas.
Interviews are planned to be held at our London-based office on Tuesday 19th December 2023.
You will have:
- A positive outlook and engaging manner
- The ability to build a commercially focussed sales environment at shop level, identifying opportunities to maximise trading potential, ensure all shops meet or exceed agreed KPI’s and actively managing underperformance.
- A successful proven record of achievement in a multi-site retail business environment at regional level within the retail or Charity retail sector.
- Proven field management experience within a geographically diverse area and a background recruiting, managing, and developing staff in a retail environment.
- A thorough understanding of the UK Charity Retail sector.
- The ability to review, set and monitor shop budgets along with the ability to review and interpret complex financial data.
- The skills to drive initiatives to increase levels of stock acquired over the door e.g., corporate donations, local businesses, schools, media activity, and ensure sufficient cost-effective stock generation at shop level.
- A Full Driving Licence is essential as is flexibility to travel and stay overnight when required
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, health cashback plan and EAP.
- Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
- Techscheme – buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
- Heka Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
- You Did It Awards – recognition awards from £100-250.
How to apply:
For more information and to apply online, please visit here.
Charity Retail Jobs is sponsored by Precycle Group