We provide leadership, guidance and a supportive community for charity retailers in the UK. Our 440 members range from the largest national charities to locally based charities and hospices, running over 9000 shops between them. The membership year runs from 1 April to 31 March and the fees are as follows.
- Lobbying on issues such as business rates, reuse, recycling, safeguarding and Gift Aid
- Gift Aid training and guidance in collaboration with HMRC
- Regular and exclusive market analysis and bench-marking, covering turnover, number of shops, all sales streams, Gift Aid conversion, rag prices, salaries, selling prices
- The leading sector events
- Charity Retail Safeguarding Scheme (CRSS)
- Mentoring matchmaking service
- Library of assured policy guidance
- Your shops appear on Find a Charity Shop – encouraging donors and volunteers to your shops
- Wellbeing service via retailTRUST for your staff and volunteers
- Discounted recruitment advertising and property advertising
- Library of resources such as volunteer toolkit, low cost health and safety induction guides and posters
- A packed calendar of events
- Regular online communications, keeping you in touch with the latest sector issues and opportunities
- Online forum, giving you access to the best charity retail brains in the country
- Case studies of innovation from across our membership
- A board of directors who are representative of our membership as a whole
Who can join?
- Registered charities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Exempt charities
- Charity subsidiary trading companies
- Charitable community benefit societies
- Overseas charities
If you cancel an applied-for membership and have been using our services we will charge a pro rata fee up to the point of cancellation, plus a £10 + VAT admin fee.
If you cancel an applied-for membership and we can see that you have not been using our services we will charge a £10 + VAT admin fee.