Notice to members: Temporary changes to the way we do research
Our amazing Head of Research Olaia Alamos Castresana is now on maternity leave, having had a lovely baby boy in May, and we have therefore decided to temporarily outsource the production of our Quarterly Market Analysis to Meridien West, an experienced research firm who have adjusted the research survey in a few ways. You do not need to do anything different – your research contacts will be receiving an email from Meridien West in the next few days if they haven’t already. The closing date is 30 July and the new survey shouldn’t require you to provide much data you don’t already have to hand, if any. Please do your very best to respond, as it’s crucial that we have as many members as possible participate to ensure good representation across the sector.
Charity Retail Association, 12 July 2021
One of the key benefits of being a member of ours is getting access to regular, exclusive charity retail market analysis and benchmarking reports. These reports are free to all members, offering information that cannot be found anywhere else on a range of subjects:
- Our Quarterly Market Analysis (QMA) reports cover income from donated goods, rag, bought-in goods and Gift Aid, average shop turnover, number and value of transactions, comparisons to commercial retailing, and comments from Heads of Retail on the impacts on income each quarter.
- We also produce specialist reports in a wide range of topics including rag prices, breakdown of donated goods in general charity shops, sources of stock, average selling prices, online selling, and workforce (i.e., paid employees, salaries, volunteers, recruitment and training).
Our QMA and specialist benchmarking reports have been generously sponsored by acopia.
Our reports serve members as a useful tool to benchmark performance across the sector and provide trending information. But we cannot put these reports together without the valuable information our members give us.
If you have not taken part before, why don’t you start in the next quarter?
Taking part is important as the reports:
- Allow you and other members to benchmark against similar charities
- Provide a variety of free, practical information for your organisation that is not published elsewhere
- Enables us to speak informatively and authoritatively about what our members do. This is critical for our lobbying and media work on behalf of the sector
To access our latest reports and find out more about our Research Programme, please log in to the members’ area.
If you have any questions about our research, please email Research Analyst, Irina Preda.