Membership renewal 2017-18
We at the CRA are ever grateful to our growing number of members and would like to thank you all for your membership in 2016-17, which saw some great leaps forward for the sector, and for your trade association.
- We offer the only guidance on Gift Aid on donated goods written in conjunction with, and approved by, HMRC
- We have exclusive up to date figures on charity retail performance, salaries, selling prices, rag prices and more
- We have recruited a Public Affairs and Membership Officer for Scotland – and increased networking meetings in Scotland
- We have robust policy guidance on areas such as trading standards, health and safety, product safety, fire safety, through the Government’s Primary Authority scheme
- We now have 8 special interest groups – the latest being in Marketing – first meeting to be held 25 April in Bristol
- We offer free legal advice and security advice via a third parties
- We offer access to experts and shared sector knowledge through seminars, networking and online forums
- We have developed toolkits to demonstrate your retail chain’s social value, and to generate footfall to your shops by showcasing your fashion flair, and to help you negotiate local authority waste charging
- We have taken the leap and moved our flagship event to a larger, purpose built conference centre with capacity for more delegates, offering more sessions at no extra cost for a residential place. Charity Retail Conference booking opens in March.
- We are the authoritative voice of the sector, replying to all public consultation by the government in Westminster and the devolved assemblies
If you have any questions about membership in 2017-18 please contact Susan Meredith.
If you like the sound of the above …
… but are new to the CRA, we are inviting any charity retail operations out there who haven’t sampled membership with us to take advantage of joining NOW and and seeing your membership through until 31 March 2018. The earlier you apply, the greater the benefit.
You can find a list of benefits, eligibility criteria, fee structure and application form on the Charity Membership page.
New initiatives for the coming membership year include a follow up to the groundbreaking Demos report ‘Giving Something Back’ from 2013, launch of a high profile public facing campaign, new and improved H&S and security resources for your shops and an exciting, packed schedule of events around the UK.
To take advantage of this offer, please apply here.