To care take a Woking or Sam Beare Hospice Charity Shop in the absence of the permanent Shop Manager, as directed by the Area Shops’ Manager.
To present to customers and supporters a positive image of the Hospices through excellent retail practices.
- Provide effective management of a shop, following all retail policies and procedures, in the manager’s absence.
- Provide effective management of a team of volunteers, in conjunction with the permanent Shop Manager. If required organise an appropriate rota to ensure that the shop is able to trade a minimum of 9.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Saturday/Sunday.
- With reference to the current range plan, manage the receipt into the shop of appropriate donations.
- Prepare donations for safe collection by the Warehouse.
- Receive stock from the Warehouse and prepare for sale, including hanging, steaming and pricing according to category.
- Ensure that all merchandise is displayed in a logical and coordinated way, to agreed standards, in a manner that is attractive and accessible to customers.
- Ensure all stocks are rotated to agreed timescales and procedures.
- Implement all promotional activity as advised, including Hospice promotions, for example lottery and fund raising events.
- Ensure maximum donations are gift aided and gift aided goods for sale are correctly labelled in accordance with our gift aid policies and procedures.
- Ensure the shop complies with all current Health and Safety, Fire and Trading Standards legislation.
- Ensure effective communication with line manager.
- To undertake other specific tasks and projects as requested by your line manager from time to time.
- To escalate to your line manager any issues and problems experienced, agree and implement resolutions.
View the job description here: Relief Shop Manager Job Description