Are you passionate about retail? Do you want to work in a brand that values volunteers that does more than make profits for shareholders? If you do, your professional skills and experience as a Relief Shop Manager could improve the lives of children worldwide.
Working in more than 120 countries, Save the Children does whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
The legendary Mary Portas and Save the Children joined forces in 2009 to take the lead on a charity retail revolution resulting in a blaze of publicity and a new style of charity retailing we call Mary’s Living & Giving. Now we need a Relief Shop Manager in London and the Greater London area to help us lead the way and ensure we stay on the crest of the wave.
Acting as an ambassador for the brand, the charity and for Mary, you will support the Shop Managers to recruit, inspire, support and empower the team of volunteers. You will need excellent interpersonal skills that allow you to work effectively with others. It will be your responsibility to manage your own time effectively in order to ensure that the right shops get cover at the right time. In addition, you will be tasked to:
- To provide relief cover to other shops where required and to undertake any additional duties as necessary and within the overall scope of the post.
- To be responsible for the job role of the Shop Manager when they are away and to support in the recruitment, induction, management and development of volunteers in the shop, ensuring the team are feel valued, motivated, happy and supported and are united in a common goal to raise as much money as possible for Save the Children
- To be ultimately responsible for the management of the shop ensuring the organisation’s policies, procedures and safeguards are adhered to at all times
- To work with the Shop Manager and the volunteer team and to reach agreed financial targets
- To ensure a high standard of display, visual merchandising and shop floor management at all times, maintaining an awareness of fashion trends, other charity retailers and local activities
- To actively promote the shop and engage the local community with the shop, Mary’s Living & Giving brand and Save the Children
We’re looking for a highly flexible and personable individual with demonstrable experience of stock control, cash handling and visual merchandising. You will have the ability to drive sales and controls costs and an enthusiasm for retail and fashion is essential. An excellent team leader, you will have the ability to achieve results by developing and supporting others.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing Date: 22nd October 2017