An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our thriving Charity Warehouse team
As the Retail Support Assistant, you will need to demonstrate excellent customer service and support the Warehouse Manager to deliver this.
Working across the Hospice sites – delivering /collecting donated goods using the EPOS tablet system. Supporting the estates team/shop when required. Physically demanding role with heavy lifting and carrying involved daily.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that you adhere to the Health & Safety requirements of the Warehouse,
• including manual handling and operational safety processes.
• Support the Warehouse Manager/Team leader in the collection of donated items including ragging from the shops.
• Undertake PAT Testing of donated electrical items and distribute them for sale through the retail stores.
• To help with transfers of stock between shops. Which involves driving Hospice vehicles.
• Always maintain professional confidentiality.
• Promoting the good reputation of the Hospice by maintaining high standards of customer service.
• Encouraging donors to digitally sign up for gift aid when collecting donations.
• To support in the Estates delivery at times when required, acting as a key holder for Shops when required.
Security and Health and Safety
• Ensure security policy and procedures are always followed.
• Always comply with Health and Safety policy and procedure.
• Ensure that manual handling procedures are followed in the Warehouse escalating any issues to your line manager.
Donated stock – delivery and collection services – internal stock transfers
• Deliver or collect goods.
• Support the estates team when needed.
Please note that a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service)basic criminal record check will be undertaken as part of our pre-employment screening for the successful candidate.
How to apply:
An application pack can be downloaded here.
All completed applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charity Retail Jobs is sponsored by Precycle Group