The e-Commerce Assistant will play a crucial role in the future growth of our newly merged charity and the impact that we can achieve through partnership for people with sight loss.
As the eCommerce Assistant your prime purpose is to assist the eCommerce Manager in ensuring our digital operation always meets the needs of the business. This will involve processing sufficient donations of appropriate quality to maximise the profitability of this important revenue stream.
You will be a proactive member of a wider Retail Team and support the eCommerce Manager with the day-to-day running of Fight for Sight and Vision Foundation’s online platforms, with the specific aim of generating income through the sale of a wide variety of donations from our high street shops. In addition, you will work closely with our Shop Managers so they can understand your stock requirements.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in online sales and ideally have working knowledge of eBay, Depop and other online marketplaces.
Strong communication skills and a good level of written and spoken English are essential.
• To support our team of volunteers with pricing and listing to ensure items are processed in line with policies and procedures, recognising and thanking the team for their contribution
• To proactively assess own development needs and seek out development opportunities to enhance contribution to Retail objectives and operations
• To take ownership of good housekeeping for all areas of responsibility
• To accept responsibility and carry out any other task commensurate to the role
• The ability to work under pressure whilst remaining calm and organised
• To be receptive to change and to act as a change agent
• The ability to maintain excellent rapport with staff, volunteers, supporters, and donors
• To demonstrate a calm and logical approach to problem solving
• To consistently demonstrate a dedicated approach to the quality of customer service and team working.
• Comfortable working in a small team
• Commitment to teamwork, business partnering and a collegiate approach – with a ‘can do’ attitude and a sense of humour.
• Results-driven, able to measure and quantify own outcomes.
• Adaptable to changing landscape and evolving organisation.
• Willing and able to operate at pace in an organisation going through rapid change, using your initiative, and delivering to tight deadlines
• An understanding of and commitment to London’s blind and partially sighted people.
View the full job description F4S e-Commerce Assistant JD 2024.
How to apply:
Please forward a CV and supporting statement, outlining your skills and experience relevant to the role and motivations for applying for the role (two pages maximum), with the subject line ‘Application for e-Commerce Assistant’ to firstname.lastname@example.org