We are looking for experienced, committed, and creative individuals to join our dynamic team as we devise and launch a new five-year strategy. You’ll be part of something impactful, we’d love to hear from you.
The Chiswick Shop Manager will play a crucial role in the future growth of our newly merged charity and the impact that we can achieve through partnership for people with sight loss.
Immediately responsible for recruiting and developing a team of dedicated volunteers. In due course the role and responsibilities may grow in line with organisational growth and priorities.
Purpose of Job
- To coach, lead and manage a team of volunteers
- Drive sales performance to exceed targets, maximising cost efficiency
- Maximise shop profits through delivery of the retail strategy, including income, gift aid donor sign up and conversion, donations and other income generators.
- To achieve compliance with relevant regulation e.g., health and safety and safeguarding, whilst adhering to all policies and procedures
- To promote strong relations within the local community to enhance the profile and good name of the charity
- To deliver shop income plan
- To achieve gift aid income objectives, donor sign up and conversion. Improving processes to deliver maximum value, coaching colleagues to success
- To support and manage volunteer pricing to ensure items are processed in line with policies and procedures, recognising and thanking the team for their contribution
- To develop a culture of ownership and follow up within own team and volunteers
- To adhere to safe, legal & secure requirements and standards for the shop, both front and back of house
- To induct, train and coach new colleagues, as evidenced through induction paperwork and development plans
- To role model and promote effective team communication, celebrating success and sharing best practice
- To liaise closely with the Warehouse Manager, Area Support and Volunteer Manager and Area Manager
- To role model exceptional customer service to supporters and donors, providing feedback in a timely manner
- To ensure the highest standards of customer care and service are demonstrated by self, line reports and volunteers
- Promote, monitor and act on internal and external customer feedback
- To evidence effective local networking to generate donations and volunteer engagement, including local business and other stakeholders
- To monitor and check security of stock and debrief variances with the Area Manager
- To proactively assess own development needs and seek out development opportunities to enhance contribution to Retail objectives and operations
- To take ownership of good housekeeping for all areas of responsibility
- To accept responsibility and carry out any other task commensurate to the role
View the full job description here – Chiswick Shop Manager JD 2024
How to apply:
Please forward a CV and supporting statement, outlining your skills and experience relevant to the role and motivations for applying for the role (two pages maximum), with the subject line ‘Application for Chiswick Shop Manager’ to firstname.lastname@example.org