The Head of Trading will provide expertise, leadership, vision and guidance to drive forward the strategic direction of the trading function (to include charity stores, Woodside shop, customer experience and delivery of a commercial vet suite) to deliver outstanding aspects for Woodside RSPCA Leicester, Peterborough and Rutland.
Striving not only to maintain but to also drive and go beyond compliance expectations, both internally and externally, to ensure that not only are our values upheld but that we are compliant in everything that we do.
Whilst ensuring that our animals are the focus of our service, the Head of Trading will continually review, maintain, and improve where necessary to uphold the charity’s high standards and ensure that all levels of the charity are maintaining and working within current regulations and guidelines set out for the charity.
• Developing and implementing a comprehensive trading strategy that aligns with the charity’s objectives.
• Evaluating the commercial performance of trading and maximising profits.
• Researching and interpreting market trends, adapting to industry changes and evolving strategies in line with market condition.
• Identifying new trading growth and new business opportunities, business plan through to execution.
• Ensuring the quality and consistency of customer experience for Woodside and stores.
• Working with fundraising and marketing to create commercial campaigns to boost income and drive sales growth.
• Leading on site acquisition, undertaking the legal process new sites, through developing concept design, to opening.
• Developing a new goods offering and ecommerce operations across a range of platforms to maximise income.
• Providing leadership, decision-making and strategic advice.
• Creating opportunities and implementing comprehensive business plans.
• Accountable for Directorate planning and budgeting.
• Raising the profile of the organisation through partnerships, external networking, guest speaking and the sharing of expertise.
• Assessing risk and ensuring relevant mitigations are in place business.
• Creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
• Promoting a clear vision and a positive culture of engagement and well-being across the whole organisation.
• Leading by example and modelling the organisational values.
• Ensuring regulatory and legal requirements of statutory bodies are met.
• Providing supportive leadership, ensuring all people policies and procedures are adhered to, drive succession planning through coaching.
• Following industry trends and market changes.
• Ensuring the organisation has robust GDPR (data protection), safeguarding guidelines and legal/Woodside/RSPCA Society regulations/policies and assurance framework in place.
Download the full job description here – Head of Trading (Charity)
Send covering letter and CV to email@example.com along with responses to the following three questions:
• What are the three core values that you are aligned to?
• What does success look like for you?
• What song would be your personal anthem/best describes you?
Charity Retail Jobs is sponsored by Precycle Group