A host of speakers, including the Living Wage Foundation, Charity Fleetcare, Stephen Maudsley, Richard Macmillan, Keren Caird, David Roman , Colin Day, Richard Sagar, Jayne Cartwright, and Bernie Pugsley have been confirmed for our autumn network meetings and events across the United Kingdom.
Members can sign in to book. Further details of forthcoming courses are below.
September and October events and meetings
Stock and Recycling Special Interest Group, 18 September 2018, London
- Colin Day, Choice Textile: Update on the textile and recycling market
- David Roman, British Heart Foundation: Examine a charity’s obligations when looking for a recycler
- Charity Fleetcare: An update on the courier programme in London.
Retail Gift Aid Special Interest Group, 2 October 2018, London (spaces limited)
- Richard Sagar, Charity Finance Group: The best ways to pitch Gift Aid to customers
- Keren Caird, Sue Ryder: Receive a post-25 May GDPR for Gift Aid update
- Stephen Maudsley, HMRC: Put your Gift Aid questions to HMRC
North of England Network Meeting: 4 October 2018, Leeds
- Jayne Cartwright, Charity Retail Consultancy: How to drive up footfall and customer numbers
- Richard Macmillan, British Heart Foundation: A legal perspective on charities’ safeguarding responsibilities
People Management, 18 October 2018, Birmingham
- Bernie Pugsley, Cancer Research UK: Apprenticeships and training schemes in charity retail
- Living Wage Foundation: Outline of what the scheme entails, the advantages it brings and the requirements to set it up in charity shops
Retail Gift Aid Training: Bristol, 4 September 2018
Recruiting Shop Volunteers Training: Birmingham, 6 September 2018