Entry period opens 23 May 2022 – Closing date for nominations Friday 8 July 2022
Welcome to the Charity Retail Awards for 2022 which, for the first time since 2019, cover a twelve-month period (1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022) in which charity shops were able to trade uninterrupted by Covid-19 closures. The creativity, resilience and passion that has enabled charity retailers to return to growth after a few challenging years are awe-inspiring.
Our awards are back with a bang, showcasing the extraordinary commitment and achievement that goes into enabling charity retail to go from strength to strength.
The Awards will be presented at a lunchtime ceremony on Friday 16 September at Harrogate Convention Centre. The ceremony will conclude the 2022 Charity Retail Conference and will celebrate the incredible achievements of our sector. It will bring together volunteers, staff, and suppliers to recognise the endeavours of everyone who has played a role in the success of charity retail over the last year; we hope to see you there!
Winners of the WOW! Factor Awards will be announced in the Exhibition Hall on 16 September after all attendees have had their chance to vote for their favourite window and interior on the first day of Conference.
Click on the links below for individual categories, criteria and entry.
How to enter
- Entry period opens 23 May 2022
- Click on the links above for the category(ies) you wish to enter
- Download and complete the nomination form
- Where applicable, make specific reference to the judging criteria
- Make sure you have read the criteria carefully for the award you are entering, as this is how your nomination will be judged
- Send your entry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: 8 July 2022
- All entries in each category are anonymised before they reach our award judges for marking.
- You can enter in more than one category
- You must be a current Charity Retail Association member to enter
- The criteria must relate to 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022.
Huge thanks for the time and expertise of the following people who have volunteered to judge the Charity Retail Awards 2022.
Craig Anderson, Chief Executive, Reuse Network
Fleur Anderson MP, Chair, APPG – Charities and Volunteering
Caron Bradshaw OBE, Chief Executive, Charity Finance Group
Fiona Condron, Charities Partner / Business Assurance, BDO
Wayne Hemingway, Partner, Hemingway Design
Rebecca Hughes, Sustainable Fashion Blogger
Emma Thomas-Hancock, Director of Delivery, Volunteering Matters
Sue Farrow, Charity Retail Business Mentor
Angela Marcelle, Head of Retail, Octavia Foundation
Lindsay Marsden, Director of Partnerships and Fundraising, UK Youth
Louise McGill, Senior Partnerships Manager, Worknest
Ben Merrett, Former Debra CEO and former CRA Chair
Dan O’Driscoll, Consultant, Engagement Consultancy
Robin Osterley, Chief Executive, Charity Retail Association
Anne Pitcher, Managing Director, Selfridges Group
Phil Prentice, Chief Officer, Scotland’s Towns Partnership
Debra Allcock Tyler, Chief Executive, Directory of Social Change
Samantha Ward, Deputy CEO, Royal Voluntary Services
James Watson-O’Neill, Chief Executive, SignHealth
Anne Webb, Consultant – HR and Charity Retail